Support for foster parents
How do we help our foster parents?
We have a reputation for providing unrivalled levels of support for our foster parents. You will receive all the training and support you need to feel confident that you are meeting the individual needs of your foster child.
Our support includes:
- Help at any time of the day or night from our experienced, highly qualified team
- High quality, ongoing training with development opportunities
- Your own dedicated and experienced fostering social worker
- Monthly supervision and consultation to make sure you’re getting on well
- Advice and support on managing difficult behaviour
- Annual foster parent reviews
- A generous weekly fostering allowance to cover all the child’s expenses
- Support Groups for our foster parents’ own children
- Activity days and participation groups for all children linked to AFA
- Friendly, local staff who know who you are
You can trust AFA to support you as a foster parent, and we only seek to recruit, train and support foster parents who can provide a loving home for children and young people in their local area. We want to provide opportunities for children and young people to achieve their full potential and live happy and fulfilling lives.
Child welfare is our No.1 priority…
We’re dedicated to providing the highest standards of care.
In order to assure the welfare of our foster children we know that foster parents need to feel supported and listened to. Foster families are the heart of what we do, so please contact us if you have any questions about becoming a foster parent.
Get in touch
Already a foster parent?
We’d love to hear from experienced foster parents too. Find out more about transferring fostering agencies.